Your CyberGhost subscription can be used with many Kodi installations, if the respective one supports at least one of the native protocols OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec or L2TP. Please note that not all Operating Systems, a Kodi install is based on, will support all kind of VPN protocols and, if a protocol is available, not all installations will be able to establish a connection to CyberGhost properly.
- You need a CyberGhost account
- You need a CyberGhost subscription (the Free Service doesn’t include support of native protocols)
- Depending on your Kodi install, the base OS and the wanted protocol you might have to install third party software and/or add-ons
- You need an IPv4 Internet connection (IPv6 is not supported by CyberGhost)
- Create a CyberGhost account: You can create an anonymous CyberGhost account for free online. Here you will find instructions on how to create it
- Purchase a CyberGhost subscription: A monthly or yearly subscription can be ordered directly from within your account management.
- Or activate a prepaid key: If you own an activation key, e. g. from a Bitcoin sale, please read here, how to activate a subscription manually.
- Configure protocol: CyberGhost supports L2TP, IPSec, PPTP, and native OpenVPN. Here you find some instructions for some example distributions:
- How to configure PPTP for OpenELEC 5 on a Raspberry Pi
- How to configure OpenVPN for OpenELEC 6 on a Raspberry Pi
- How to configure OpenVPN for OpenELEC 5 & 7, resp. LibreELEC 7 & 8 on a Raspberry Pi
- How to configure the CyberGhost client or OpenVPN for Kodi on a Windows device*
- How to configure OpenVPN for Kodi on a Linux device
- Deactivate IPv6, if necessary.
|*Note: There are issues with the Kodi VPN Manager add-on on Windows systems, especially if the CyberGhost client or a different VPN are installed, resulting in unreliable or broken connections. CyberGhost recommends using the CyberGhost client, which is in terms of security the better decision anyway (because of KillSwitch and other protection measures a native OpenVPN installation doesn’t provide).|