STEP 1: INITIAL CABLE CONNECTIONS & SET UP
- Connect power lead into the back of the receiver.
- Connect 2 x satellite cables into “Tuner A” & “Tuner B” in the back of the receiver.
- Connect HDMI/Scart lead into the back of the receiver & other end to TV.
- Connect Ethernet/LAN cable into “ETHERNET” input on the back of the receiver.
- The receiver is now ready for configuration.
- The master power on/off white button is located at the back left hand side of the receiver.
STEP 2: PATCHING/FLASHING THE RECEIVER TO ALLOW THE ADDITION OF CLINE/EPG ETC
(We are using OpenVix to patch the receiver)
- We rekon follow our flashing guide inl. the image file
- Put OpenVix only on a memory stick that has been formatted to FAT32 & insert into the back of the receiver. Do not insert in the front of the receiver as it will not work.
- Press and hold power button at front of receiver. Press the master power button at the back of the receiver to on position. Take finger off the front power button when “FLSH” is displayed on the front of the receiver. Flashing the receiver takes about 4 minutes.
- “BOOT” will then be displayed on the front of the receiver.
- A number count from 1-100 will be displayed on the front of the receiver. When finished receiver will display a channel.
- The receiver is now flashed and ready for the next step. Please remove the memory stick from the back of the receiver.
STEP 3: SETTING THE RECEIVER FOR CCCAM PROTOCOL
(The receiver must be set to Cccam protocol & mgcamd protocol must be disabled. If this is not done the receiver will “hang” every time it is rebooted)
- Press the blue button and choose “Softcam Manager” option.
- By default mgcam is active. Arrow down to mgcamd to highlight in yellow & press green button to stop. “Please wait while mgcamd is stopping” message will be displayed.
- Press the blue button whilst mgcamd is highlighted in yellow to “disable startup”. The tick beside mgcamd will disappear if successfully disabled.
- Arrow up to CCcam to highlight in yellow & press green button to start “Please wait while CCcam is starting” message will be displayed. If successful “Active: Cccam” will be displayed above select menu.
- Press the blue button whilst CCcam is highlighted in yellow to “Enable startup”. The tick beside CCcam will appear if successfully enabled.
- Exit out of menu.
- Via the menu button choose Standby/Restart & restart the receiver.
STEP 4: SENDING THE CLINE TO THE RECEIVER
(We are using Dreambox Control Centre “DCC” to send the line to the receiver. Ensure PC/Laptop has a successful wireless connection to your router. You will require a solid “green” connection from PC-Receiver-Router as displayed in main GUI of DCC)
- Get the IP address of the receiver & gateway via “Menu-Setup-System –Network-Device set up-Adapter settings”. IP & Gateway will be displayed here.
- Open DCC.Change the values in DCC to correspond with the IP of your receiver & router (Gateway) to establish a successful connection. If your laptop is connected wireless to the router the IP address “This computer” will automatically be displayed in DCC. As mentioned above there will be green lines between PC-Receiver-Router if connection has been established.
- Click on “FTP” bottom left of window.
- Click on “ETC”.
- Scroll down & right click on “Cccam.cfg” & left click “edit”.
- Delete whatever is in window if required & copy past your line info here.
Example C: Host Port Username Password
- Press “Save”. “Cccam.cfg replace, are you sure?” message will be displayed. Choose “yes” option.
- Line has now been sent to the receiver.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE LINE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SENT TO THE RECEIVER
- Press the blue button on the remote.
- Choose “Dream Explorer”.
- Choose “Etc”.
- Scroll down and choose “Cccam.cfg”
- If the line has been successfully sent to the receiver via DCC the info will be displayed here. If this area is blank the line has not been sent to the receiver please follow step 4 again.
STEP 5: MOUNTING THE HARD DRIVE ZGEMMA
(It is imperative that the following be done within 1 minute of the receiver powering up or the Hard Drive mount will be unsuccessful)
- Turn the receiver off with remote control & power switch at rear.
- Connect the Hard Drive to the USB port at the rear of the receiver (DO NOT CONNECT THE HARD DRIVE TO THE USB PORT AT THE FRONT OF THE RECEIVER, IT WILL NOT WORK!).
- Power up the receiver. When receiver powers up: WITHIN 1 MINUTE:
- Menu – Set up – System = Storage Devices – Initialisation – Press ok on displayed Hard Drive & press red button “Initialise”.
- “Initialising storage device” percentage count will be displayed.
- When finished, via the menu button choose Standby/Restart & restart the receiver.
STEP 6: SET THE RECEIVER TO AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE
(In the event of frequency/Channel changes the Z Gemma has the capability to automatically update itself)
- Menu – Set up – Service Searching – “AutoBouquetsMaker” – Configure
- “Setup mode” = Choose expert.
- “Schedule scan” = Yes
- “Time of scan to start” = choose time. Best to set the time AM (e.g. 5AM)
- “Repeat how often” = Weekly option is sufficient but this can be set to daily/monthly if required.
- Press green button “ok” and exit out of all menus.
THE RECEIVER HAS NOW BEEN SET TO AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE IN THE EVENT OF FREQUENCY CHANGES
REMOTE CONTROL BUTTON DESCRIPTIONS:
- EPG = Electronic program guide (TV Guide). Located at middle of the remote on right hand side.
- Record Button =
1ST button on the left hand side 4th row up from the bottom of the remote.
- TIMER = Displays programs that are set to record & their status (waiting/done etc). 4th row from bottom, Last button from right hand side.
- FILE LIST = Location of recorded programs. This is where you go to view the programs you have recorded. Located at middle of the remote.
- OK = Whilst viewing a program pressing the ok button will give information on the program.
- UP/DOWN ARROWS =whilst viewing a program pressing the up or down arrow will provide a list of what’s currently on other stations.
- CH PAGE + – =
Located on the right hand side just under half way up on the remote. If you are in EPG use this button + or – to go forward & back days through the EPG listings.
HOW TO PAUSE/REWIND ETC LIVE TV
Whilst watching the program press the pause button (4th row from bottom, 2nd button from right hand side).
Use the rewind/Forward etc buttons situated around the pause button as is required.
HOW TO SET PROGRAM/PROGRAMS TO RECORD
- Whilst viewing the program press the record button (4th row from the bottom, left hand side).
- Via the “EPG” button go to the program you want to record & press the record button (4th row from the bottom, left hand side).
HOW TO SERIES LINK A PROGRAM THAT STARTS AT SAME TIME ON DIFFERENT DAYS
Via the EPG button go to the program you want to series link
- Highlight the program in yellow & choose “Add Auto Timer “option”
Use left & right arrows situated at the centre of the remote to change the values below if required. Please only amend the values listed below)
“Timer type” = Record
“Repeat type” = Repeated
“Repeats” = set to “user defined”
Monday – Friday” set days to yes/no depending what days the program is on
“Start time” Insure time is correct
“End time” Insure time is correct
HOW TO SERIES LINK A PROGRAM THAT STARTS AT DIFFERENT TIMES DURING THE WEEK
Via the EPG button go to the program you want to series link
- Highlight the program in yellow & choose “Add Auto Timer “option.
- Arrow down until “Only on Weekday” option is highlighted in yellow and press ok button to remove green tick.
- Press green button “ok” to save.
- Exit from all menus
HOW TO DELETE A PROGRAM THAT YOU NO LONGER WANT TO SERIES LINK FROM “AUTOTIMERS” SECTION
- Press menu button.
- Choose “Timers”
- Choose “Autotimers “Press “yellow” button to delete & “Green” button to save.